Proxy voting implies that if you’ren’t in a position to throw your vote face-to-face, it’s possible to have someone you trust cast your vote for your needs.
Am I entitled to vote by proxy?
Anybody who is registered can put on for a proxy vote.
Once you make an application for a proxy vote you need to supply a explanation. You can easily make an application for a vote that is proxy:
- you will be struggling to go directly to the polling place for just one election that is particular for instance, if you might be away on vacation
- you’ve got a condition that is physical means you simply cannot go right to the polling section on election time
- your work implies that you simply can’t go right to the polling section on election time
- your attendance on an academic program means you simply cannot go directly to the polling section on election time
- you may be A uk resident residing overseas
- you will be a member of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces
The individual you intend to appoint as your proxy can simply behave as proxy if they’re 18 or higher (at Scottish Parliamentary and town elections only this might be 16 or higher) plus they are (or are going to be) registered for that election or referendum.
Someone may not be a proxy for over a couple at any one election or referendum, unless these are typically a detailed general.
Do i have to use once more if i’ve changed target?
Yes. In the event that you change target, you need to make a fresh application to vote by post or by proxy – your voting choice won’t be carried ahead to the new target. chi tiết